LBP Rental Contract
This contract for the rental of a venue is made this day, MM/DD/YYYY, by and between ___________________, hereafter referred to as the Owner, and _______________________, hereafter referred to as the Renter.
Whereas, the Renter desires to temporarily rent, occupy, and make use of the Owner's venue, located at ________________________ and known as ___________________, and
Whereas, the Owner agrees to such rental, occupation, and use in consideration of certain payments and covenants herein enumerated;
Now, therefore, the parties agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. The Renter shall pay to the Owner the sum of $________ no later than MM/DD/YYYY (recommended: 30 days before the commencement of the rental period). Of this amount, $________ is a non-refundable deposit that will be applied to rental charges upon final settlement of accounts. The remainder, $________, is a damages/security deposit which will be returned to the Renter upon settlement, minus any charges for actual damages done to the venue by Renter or his/her associates.
2. The Renter shall have access to and use of the venue from noon on MM/DD/YYYY to noon on MM/DD/YYYY for the purpose of hosting the Renter's ______________________ event. Owner shall provide to Renter all keys, access control codes, and other items necessary to give Renter such access no later than MM/DD/YYYY.
3. The full rental fee for the use of the venue described in (2) above shall be $_____________. The balance of the rental fee due, less the non-refundable deposit described in (1) above, shall be payable to the Owner upon the expiration of the rental period described in (2) above.
4. Within 24 hours of the rental period's expiration, Renter shall tender to Owner the rental fee balance due, and all keys and other access control devices in his/her possession.
5. Renter shall remove all personal property, trash, and other items that were not present in the venue when Renter took control of it.
6. Upon Renter's completion of his/her obligations under (4) and (5) above, the Owner shall return to Renter the security deposit minus any amounts deemed necessary to repair damages inflicted upon the venue by Renter and/or Renter's associates, guests, invitees, contractors, and all other persons whatsoever who enter the venue during the rental period, whether or not such persons did so with Renter's knowledge or consent.
7. In the event that Renter fails to pay the balance due within the time period agreed upon in this contract, interest shall accrue upon the unpaid balance at the rate of X% per year until it is paid. Renter shall also be liable to owner for any legal fees, court costs, and other expenses associated with collection.
8. Renter will be liable for any physical damages, legal actions, and/or loss of reputation or business opportunities that Owner may incur as a consequence of the actions of Renter or any of Renter's guests while Renter is in control of the venue, and shall indemnify and hold harmless the Owner against any and all legal actions which may arise from Renter's use of the venue.
9. Any disputes arising under this contract shall be adjudicated in the Owner's local jurisdiction.
In witness of their understanding of and agreement to the terms and conditions herein contained, the parties affix their signatures below.
Both parties whose signatures appear below hereby warrant that they are fully authorized and entitled to enter into this agreement, and do so agree on the dates written below by affixing their signatures below.